OSU's CFR and Center for Health Sciences co-host a bi-monthly Journal Club. Faculty and students are welcome... Please join us!
CFR Journal Club Goal
The goal of CFR Journal Club is to introduce participants to new concepts, theories, and methods for understanding risk and resilience. This will be done via a systematic review of the quality of a research article, along with discussion of corresponding implications for clinical practice (i.e., Will I use this article to shape the way I interact with my patient?) and potential for future research projects.
CFR Journal Club meetings are...
- Held at the Center for Health Sciences (CHS)
- Held 3 times/semester. - See schedule
- Attended by Pediatric Residents, Students, and Faculty, and open to OSU faculty/students as well.
- Focused on one article per meeting.
Next Journal Club...
The CFR-OU Health Sciences Center Journal Club
Meets Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 3:00-4:30 pm
Topic: Child Obesity
Place: OSU CHS 1111 West 17th Street Tulsa, OK in room E202
Co-Facilitators: Dr. Carrie Baker, OSUCHS Dept. of Pediatrics
Dr. Amanda Harrist, OSU College of Human Sciences
If you would like to read the article ahead of time, email Dr. Harrist (email@example.com) for a copy
Format for the Journal Club
- Participants should read the assigned article before the Journal Club meeting.
- A CHS Resident and an OSU Human Sciences Faculty member will present the assigned empirical article.
- Dr. Colony Fugate or Dr. Jeremy Jones will help facilitate the ensuing discussion of the article.